What is the Edinburgh Marathon Festival?
**Change to event dates** If you have already signed up for a place, you have automatically been moved to the new date. Please see below.
The Edinburgh Marathon Festival is an awesome event that offers runs to suit all abilities.
The marathon takes you past some of Edinburgh’s most iconic landmarks and at times has fantastic views of East Lothian coastline. It’s rated as the fastest marathon in the UK by Runners World magazine, so it’s also a great course if you’re looking for a good finishing time or a personal best.
As well as a full marathon, the EMF offers a half marathon, 10k, 5k. There are even junior races so that younger family members can get involved too! Or if you want to enter as a team of four you could do the fantastic Hairy Haggis Relay. This is a 26 mile relay split into four legs with each runner running one leg. We’ve yet to have a OneKind team do the Relay so we’d love it if you could pull a team together for us this year!
Standard entries for 2019 are available until January 2019, or you can enter with a OneKind charity entry so don’t delay, contact us today if you want to take part as the event sells out every year.
When is the Edinburgh Marathon Festival?
The Edinburgh Marathon Festival has been rescheduled to 5th and 6th September due to the current Coronavirus pandemic.
- 5th September: EMF 10k, EMF 5k, and EMF Junior races
- 6th September: EMF Half Marathon, EMF Edinburgh Marathon and EMF Hairy Haggis Team Relay
- Registration fee £20 (£10 for junior races)
- Pledge to raise £300 for the full marathon; £150 for the half marathon; £100 for the 5k or 10k; £50 for junior races
- Registration fee includes Wicking finisher’s t-shirt, accurate chip timing, 16 week training plan, finisher’s medal, race recovery pack and of course a fantastic running experience
- We’ll support you through the registration process, send you fundraising tips and advice and will be with you every step of the way
- You’ll even get a fab OneKind t-shirt so can show who you’re running for 🙂
If you would like to join #TeamOneKind in the EMF 2019 then please fill in the box on the right of this page and we’ll get back to you.
Got any questions? Or just want to have a chat about running in the Edinburgh Marathon Festival to raise money for OneKind? Get in touch on 0131 661 9734 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send us your details, and we’ll send you an info pack for this challenge.