What is the Kiltwalk?
The Kiltwalks are organised walks you can do to raise money for charity. The Kiltwalks take place in Glasgow, Aberdeen, Edinburgh, and Dundee next year. We’d love you to join #TeamOneKind at one of them. Each Kiltwalk offers:
- The Wee Wander – a five or six mile walk suitable for all the family
- The Big Stroll – an intermediate walk of about 12 miles
- The Mighty Stride – a challenging 20 mile+ hike for those who want a serious challenge
And now for the important details:
- You and your friends or family can enter as a team! That means you do the Kiltwalk and fundraise together.
- There is no minimum fundraising target.
- 140% of what you raise will go straight to our campaigns to save Scotland’s foxes! Yes, you read that right. The Hunter Foundation is very kindly offering a 40% top up on all funds raised.
- Fundraising is simple. Just set up a fundraising page once you have registered and ask your friends and family to make a donation. We can also provide you with forms to collect sponsorship in person.
- Yes, you can bring your dog 🙂
- No, kilts aren’t mandatory. But there will be bagpipes.
Locations and dates
All 2017 events have taken place.
- The Kiltwalk Glasgow: Sunday 29th April 2018
- The Kiltwalk Aberdeen: Sunday 3rd June 2018
- The Kiltwalk Dundee: Sunday 19th August 2018
- The Kiltwalk Edinburgh: Sunday 16th September 2018
Free sports vest when you register
Sign up to the Kiltwalk today, and we’ll send you this fantastic vest for free so that you can show the world that you’re doing it for the foxes!
Why do the Kiltwalk for OneKind
Here are three great reasons:
- The money you raise will go straight to the cause. In 2015 94% of our income was used for our work to end cruelty to Scotland’s animals; the remainder kept the charity running!
- Scotland’s animals need your help! OneKind is the only charity that speaks up for all animals in Scotland, defending them from cruelty.
- You will personally make a big impact. Because we’re small just one person running for us has a big impact on what we’re able to do.
We’ll even give you a free T-shirt once you register so you can help us help spread the word!
Got any questions? Or just want to have a chat about the Kiltwalk? Get in touch with me (Maree) on 0131 661 9734 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Send us your details, and we’ll send you an info pack for this challenge.