The Virgin Money London Marathon is the largest annual fundraising event on the planet. Now you can take part and raise funds for OneKind to help Scotland’s animals.
What is the London Marathon?
The Virgin Money London Marathon began in 1981, and since its launch has raised over £830 million for charity. Running the London Marathon and fundraising for charity has never been more popular – Why not run for a cause that’s close to your heart and do it for OneKind and Scotland’s animals?
When is the London Marathon?
- The 2018 London Marathon takes place on the 22nd April 2018
- The 2019 London Marathon will take place in April 2019 – dates to be confirmed
There are two ways you can get involved in the London Marathon:
OneKind Charity Ballot Entry
For the first time ever, OneKind has secured one guaranteed entry to the London Marathon 2019 from the charity ballot. This means that we have one guaranteed place in the race, so if you are interested in taking part please do get in touch! We would love it if the runner taking part would pledge to raise in excess of £1500, and we would ask them to pay a small registration fee of £50.
Use Your Own Ballot Entry
If you secure a place in the 2018 Virgin Money London Marathon by entering the ballot and you’re interested in running the race to raise money for OneKind, we’d be delighted to hear from you. Raising money for charity can be rewarding and can help to keep you motivated. By using your own entry, OneKind will not incur any costs, so 100% of what you fundraise will go towards our campaigns, and we won’t ask you to pledge a minimum amount of sponsorship, although you are welcome to set yourself a target and we will do what we can to help you achieve your goal! However much you raise, your contribution will make a massive difference to animals in Scotland.
Whichever option, we will offer:
- Support with your fundraising, including promotion on OneKind’s website, blog, social media, e-newsletter and members magazine, and a dedicated staff member available to answer any questions you have and provide motivation, support and encouragement
- A training plan tailored to your fitness level
- Assistance with booking any travel and accommodation for the event
- You’ll even get a fab OneKind t-shirt so can show who you’re running for 🙂
Simply fill in your name and email in the box on this page and we’ll guide you through the next steps.
Need More Information?
Got any questions? Or just want to have a chat about running the London Marathon to raise money for OneKind? Get in touch with me (Maree) on 0131 661 9734 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send us your details, and we’ll send you an info pack for this challenge.