It’s been a rubbish year in many ways, hasn’t it? We know that all the doom, gloom and uncertainty can take its toll on our mental health. Despite the challenges which 2020 has brought us, we have achieved a lot for Scotland’s animals this year. So, we want to keep up our hard work and your year on a high note, whilst at the same time, raise money to strengthen our campaigns and fund our mission. That’s why we’re doing something a little different this December, something to spread a little joy in the midst of all the darkness…
We are delighted to invite you to OneKind’s Winter Warmers! We have plenty of activities for you to enjoy over the festive period, including a range of great talks, classes, fun and games for all the family to get involved with, whether you are together or not. We’ll be asking for donations throughout December so that we can strengthen our campaigns and achieve even more for Scotland’s animals in the future. Let’s make 2021 the year that we all need – for humankind and animalkind!
Winter Warmers Advent Calendar: Each day, we’ll be sharing facts and stories relating to animal sentience across our social media pages for our alternative, digital advent calendar! Be sure to check in every day to see what you might learn, and to read heart-warming stories from our supporters sure to put a smile on your face. The calendar will run from the 1st – 24th December.
Winter Warmers Christmas Market: Featuring a range of beautiful cruelty-free and vegan products, we are delighted to invite you to browse our market and bring some festive fun to your day. Browse our market on our Facebook group, or check out the page on our website.
Festive Bake-off: Enter our festive, animal-friendly bake-off by sending a pic of your masterpiece and a description of what’s in it and we’ll award the Baker of the Year prize to the winner! £3 per entry. Please donate here when paying for your entry.
Best in Snow: Send us pictures of your furry friend enjoying their favourite thing about the festive season! All companion animals welcome, the only condition is that they must be enjoying themselves in every photo! Entries are £3 each – please donate here for each entry.
How many buddies?: Guess how many nature buddies are hiding in the stocking above. Guess correctly, and you’ll win a buddy of your choosing! Entries are £2 – please donate here to pay for your entry, and email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, age and guess for a chance of winning! The winner will be revealed here on the 17th December at 9am.
Winter Warmers Raffle: Find out more about our raffle here.
We’re delighted to host some fascinating talks this December from various professionals in the animal welfare sector. Keep an eye out here for updates!
All talks are password protected. To receive the password for each talk, you will need to register here. The password will then be emailed to you.
- Monday 7th December, 7pm. ‘The Sentience of Pests: Gulls’ with Kevin Newell. Join here.
- Tuesday 8th December, 11am. ‘The Human-animal Bond’ with Gilly Ferreira. Join here.
- Thursday 10th December, 7pm. ‘Key Elements and Fieldcraft’ with Craig Jones. Join here.
- Saturday 12th December, 2pm. Interview with Peter Egan. Join here.
- Monday 14th December, 7pm. ‘The Sentience of Pests: Foxes’ with Kevin Newell. Join here.
- Wednesday 16th December, 11.30am. ‘Making a Difference: How OneKind effects change’ with Kirsty Leese, Bob Elliot, and Eve Massie. Join here.
- Thursday 17th December, 7pm. ‘The Wonder of Corvids’ with Flo Blackbourn. Join here.
- Friday 18th December, 7pm. ‘My Experiences with Urban Birds’ with Flo Blackbourn. Join here.
- Monday 21st December, 7pm. ‘The Sentience of Pests: Rats’ with Kevin Newell. Join here.
Yoga with Joan Stuart: Do you need some relaxation in your life? Yoga Instructor Joan Stuart will be hosting a virtual Vinyasa Flow Yoga Class on Saturday 12th December 9.30 – 10.15am. Get your tickets here.